Whitney Houston's Purported Last Photo Featured on Cover of Tabloid
An image of the iconic singer in her open casket, which was allegedly taken at the family’s private viewing, hits newsstands this week.
A photo purportedly showing a dead Whitney Houston lying in her open casket is featured on the front cover of this week’s National Enquirer.
The photo, which can be seen here, was allegedly taken inside the family’s private viewing on Friday, Feb. 17 in Newark, New Jersey’s Wigham Funeral Home.
The image shows Houston lying peacefully in her golden casket, donning her supposed “favorite purple dress" with diamond earrings and a brooch. The mag claims that Houston was buried in $500,000 worth of jewelry and wore gold slippers on her feet.
Houston was found dead in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton on Saturday, Feb. 10. Her autopsy was completed, but results have been deferred pending a toxicology report.
One week later, friends and family gathered for a traditional “home going” ceremony to celebrate the singer’s life. Among those paying honor to Houston was her Bodyguard co-star Kevin Costner, mentor Clive Davis, cousin Dionne Warwick and friend Tyler Perry. On Sunday, Houston was buried at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield N.J., alongside her father, John Russell Houston, who died in 2003.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR