Whitney Houston's Death: L.A. Coroner's Report Reveals Drug Spoon, Cocaine Found in Hotel Room
New details emerge in the case of the late singer’s drowning, including a possible overdose.
The autopsy results of Whitney Houston previously revealed that the singer had died with cocaine in her system, but now the full coroner's report reveals a more complete story of the singer’s Feb. 11 death.
According to the document, Houston was found face down in the bathtub with a “bloody purge coming from her nose.” Found in the room was a spoon with a white crystal-like substance on it, a white powdery substance, a rolled up piece of white paper and small mirror with remnants of a white powder substance. The aforementioned “white substance” was ultimately tested and determined to be cocaine. To read the full coroner's report, click here.
The report also states that Houston “possibly overdosed on a narcotic substance, prescription medications, over the counter medications and alcohol.” In addition to cocaine, Houston died with traces of marijuana in her system, as well as Xanax, Flexeril and Benadryl. There were no signs of foul play, according to officials, and the death was ultimately ruled as an accidental drowning, though heart disease and “chronic” cocaine use were contributing factors.
Houston’s body was discovered in the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Feb. 11, just hours before she was scheduled to appear at Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammy Gala. She was 48-years-old.
At the time of her death, Houston was staging another career comeback. The trailer for her forthcoming film, Sparkle, was released earlier this week by Sony.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!