Whitney Houston's Funeral: Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder to Perform; Clive Davis to Speak
UPDATED: The singer's friends and mentor will pay tribute on Saturday at her childhood church.
Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder will perform at Whitney Houston's funeral, while Clive Davis will speak, Houston's rep, Jill Fritzo, confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
According to a report on People.com, Kevin Costner -- who starred alongside Houston in 1992's The Bodyguard -- will also be a speaker at the private services, which are being held at noon Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J.
Houston sang at the church growing up; her family members including mother, Cissy Houston, and cousin, Dionne Warwick, are organizing the funeral.
Houston died Saturday at the Beverly Hilton hotel, at the age of 48. Her body was found "underwater and apparently unconscious" in a bathtub in her hotel room, police said. An autopsy was completed -- but the results are on security hold pending a toxicology report.
Her body was flown into Newark on Monday night in Tyler Perry's private jet; the casket was then transported to the Newark's Whigham Funeral Home, which is handling the services.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing