Whitney Houston Exhibit to Open at Grammy Museum
"Whitney! Celebrating the Musical Legacy of Whitney Houston" will open Aug. 15 and run through February 2013.
Whitney Houston's legacy will live on at L.A. Live's Grammy Museum.
Some of the singer's memorabilia, including the white beaded gown she wore at the 1994 Grammy Awards when she took home album of the year for The Bodyguard soundtrack, photographs, albums and scrapbooks, concert posters and her Bible, will be on display at the Los Angeles museum beginning Aug. 15, the Grammy Museum website states.
The "Whitney! Celebrating the Musical Legacy of Whitney Houston" exhibit, which is expected to run through February 2013 in the Special Exhibits Gallery, will be the first since her death in February dedicated to Houston.
Artists and musicians who have worked with or have been influenced by Houston, her family and friends were also interviewed for the exhibit.
“This exhibit is a token of appreciation from our family for Whitney’s fans to enjoy and embrace,” Houston’s manager Pat Houston said in a statement to the Los Angeles Times. “We hope they are as elated as we are to have shared in such a remarkable life.”
“We are particularly excited to showcase her long connection to the Grammy Awards show and to celebrate the musical genius that made her one of America’s most-awarded pop and soul vocalists," said Grammy Museum executive director Robert Santelli.
Houston died at age 48 on Feb. 11, the day before the Grammy Awards were held.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'