Whitney Houston Nearly Kicked Off Plane for Refusing to Buckle Seatbelt (Report)
The singer "overreacted a little bit after missing an earlier flight but she's still 100 percent sober.”
Whitney Houston was nearly removed from a plane in Atlanta Wednesday after she refused to buckle her seat belt, TMZ.com reports.
A Delta flight attendant asked the Grammy-winning singer to buckle up, and she "got diva," according to TMZ.
A second crew member warned her that if she didn't buckle, the plane wouldn't take off, so she finally agreed.
A source close to the singer told the site she "overreacted a little bit after missing an earlier flight but she's still 100 percent sober and was on the way to Detroit for her first day of shooting a new movie."
She is currently playing Effie in Sparkle, which co-stars American Idol winner Jordin Sparks, The Voice judge Cee-Lo and Omar Epps.
Houston is the latest boldfaced name to face plane problems.
Gerard Depardieu was arrested on a plane en route from Paris to Dublin when he peed on the floor following a flight attendant telling him he couldn't use the bathroom.
Arianna Huffington reportedly caused a stir when she refused to turn off her Blackberry.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR