Whitney Houston Nearly Kicked Off Plane for Refusing to Buckle Seatbelt (Report)
The singer "overreacted a little bit after missing an earlier flight but she's still 100 percent sober.”
Whitney Houston was nearly removed from a plane in Atlanta Wednesday after she refused to buckle her seat belt, TMZ.com reports.
A Delta flight attendant asked the Grammy-winning singer to buckle up, and she "got diva," according to TMZ.
A second crew member warned her that if she didn't buckle, the plane wouldn't take off, so she finally agreed.
A source close to the singer told the site she "overreacted a little bit after missing an earlier flight but she's still 100 percent sober and was on the way to Detroit for her first day of shooting a new movie."
She is currently playing Effie in Sparkle, which co-stars American Idol winner Jordin Sparks, The Voice judge Cee-Lo and Omar Epps.
Houston is the latest boldfaced name to face plane problems.
Gerard Depardieu was arrested on a plane en route from Paris to Dublin when he peed on the floor following a flight attendant telling him he couldn't use the bathroom.
Arianna Huffington reportedly caused a stir when she refused to turn off her Blackberry.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David