CinemaCon 2012: Whitney Houston's 'Sparkle' Footage Screened By Sony
The studio revealed clips of Jordin Sparks, Cee Lo Green and the late singer during its Thursday presentation.
CinemaCon attendees got an extended look at Whitney Houston’s Sparkle on Thursday, as Sony presented footage from the upcoming musical film.
The preview focused mostly on Jordin Sparks in her role as the title character, who is transformed from the modest girl-next-door to a glammed up superstar. Houston is also seen flashing a brilliant smile and dancing around a living room. She is also featured prominently in the newly released poster for the film, shown above.
Cee Lo Green and Mike Epps also star in the remake of the 1976 film, which will mark Houston’s first return to the big screen since 1996’s The Preacher’s Wife. Houston, who served as an executive producer on the film, pushed for many years to have the project made. Sadly, the singer was found dead in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel just one day before this year’s Grammy Awards.
Green, making his feature film debut, also sings in the movie.
Watch the trailer for Sparkle, released earlier this spring, below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR