Who Gets GLAAD Approval?
ABC and the CW score high for onscreen gay and lesbian inclusion.
Thanks to teen dramas like Pretty Little Liars, the Disney-owned ABC Family network has earned a rare "excellent" rating from GLAAD in its fifth annual "responsibility index." ABC Family becomes only the second net to receive the mark from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender watchdog group, which reviews programming on the five broadcast networks and 10 major cablers for the quality and quantity of LGBT characters. The CW remains on top among broadcast nets. Says GLAAD executive Herndon Graddick, "Much like ABC Family, the CW is a youth-oriented network that recognizes that being LGBT-inclusive is instrumental in crafting programs that the younger generation can relate to."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR