Who the Hell is Alki David?
A flashy greek billionaire who rolls with Ice-T and Charlie Sheen wants to give you TV on the net -- so why is every network suing him right now?
At his Beverly Hills mansion, Alki David, one of Hollywood's biggest troublemakers, is showing his guests the 16,200-square-foot palace that, according to records, cost him $16.5 million in 2010. It's one of many places that Alki -- as everyone calls him -- likes to relax. The others include a mansion in Greece, a ski lodge in Switzerland and several properties in the U.K. His stateside residence allows him to consider the Hollywood of years past -- his home used to serve as Mary Pickford's hunting grounds, and his neighbors' mansions once belonged to Sammy Davis Jr. and Charlie Chaplin -- as well as to be navel-to-navel with celebrity neighbors, like newcomers to the hood David and Victoria Beckham.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR