Who Will Work With von Trier?
The director has survived accusations of anti-Americanism and misogyny, but his Nazi comments could finally sink his career.
As they say in the old country, Oy vey, gevalt!" said the British publicist for Melancholia, succinctly capturing the exasperation everyone connected to Lars von Trier's latest film feels after the Danish director's now-infamous comments at the Cannes Film Festival, in which he jokingly called himself a Nazi and said he "sympathized with Hitler, a little bit."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR