Whoopi Goldberg: I Could Have Been 'Fired' Over Bill O'Reilly Fight
She says she stormed off "The View" because she was "going to cuss him out and you can't do that."
On the Fox News Channel Wednesday night, Whoopi Goldberg continued to discuss her heated conversation with Bill O'Reilly from the Oct. 14 airing of The View.
Host Greta Van Susteren pressed her on why she didn't stand up to O'Reilly, who angered her when he said "Muslims killed us on 9/11," instead of storming off the set.
Said Goldberg, "I don't want to have to take on Bill O'Reilly. I don't want to have to fight with anybody...[but] if he had said, 'all Irish people are drunks or all black people love fried chicken, it's the same thing to me."
Goldberg said she decided it was time to go after she said "bullshit" on the air.
"I knew I was past reason and that wasn't good," Goldberg said.
"I knew I was past reason and that wasn't good...I was going to cuss him out and you can't do that," she told Van Susteren.
"If something offends you to the point where you can't have a civil conversation with them, get out of the way," Goldberg added. "See, I know myself well enough to know that I was past the point of no return, and had I stayed there I would be -- probably [would have] been--fired.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing