Whoopi Goldberg Smoked Joint Before Oscar Win
The actress admits in a recently surfaced 1992 video that she was high when accepting her Academy Award for "Ghost."
Whoopi Goldberg admits she was high on marijuana when she won her best supporting actress Oscar for "Ghost" in 1990.
In a 1992 video taken during a voiceover session for The Pagemaster and unearthed by TMZ, Goldberg says she smoked a joint to calm her nerves on her big night, "I thought I've got to relax so I smoked this wonderful joint, that was the last of my home grown, and honey, when he said my name and I popped up I thought, 'Oh f***.'"
Goldberg explained she doesn't drink alcohol and occassionally puffs cigarettes and pot as a "habit."
Goldberg made it a point to say that she does not advocate pot for everyone, just herself as an adult. She concludes that the experience did teach her a "great" lesson, "Never smoke pot before there's a possibility of having to talk to 100 million people."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR