Why 'Bling Ring' Victim Paris Hilton Let Sofia Coppola Film in Her House
The director made a personal plea to get the home of the heiress in her new film.
This story first appeared in the May 24 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Observers who've seen Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring were surprised to see that Paris Hilton -- a victim of five robberies perpetrated by the real-life ring in 2009 -- actually makes a cameo. On top of that, a lot of the movie was shot in her house.
"Sofia came to my birthday party last year," Hilton tells THR. "She loved my house and said it couldn't be re-created in a set." Hilton says she wouldn't have done the film for anyone else.
"I really admire her, an intelligent independent woman who's a director. Sofia knows everything about these kids now -- stuff I didn't know -- and it will be very strange to watch them break in my house five times and sell my Birkin bags and heirloom jewelry on Venice Beach. They stole millions of dollars' worth of things from me."
Hilton was set to travel to Cannes to support Coppola and the movie -- and host blingy parties of her own.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR