Why Cable Is Winning the Cord-Cutting War
Don't believe the headlines: This analyst says adapting to match Netflix and Hulu with cheaper alternatives will fend off digital insurgents.
Reading press reports, one might think waves of Americans are canceling their pay TV subscriptions in favor of lower-cost options such as Netflix, YouTube and Hulu. The evidence, however, shows that "cord cutting" remains at minimal levels and pay TV subscribership remains stable, even in an environment of low household growth.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Beyonce Surprises Fans With New Album Featuring Jay Z, Blue Ivy, Drake
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Thursday, Dec. 12
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'Get Up, Stand Up' Recap: They Love Each Other!