Why Christopher Nolan Is Shooting 'Dark Knight Rises' in Pittsburgh
12:32 PM PDT 4/5/2011 by THR staff
"We have been able to find everything we were looking for here,” says director Christopher Nolan.
The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment in Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise starring Christian Bale, is shooting in Pittsburgh."Pittsburgh is a beautiful city," Nolan says in a statement. "We have been able to find everything we were looking for here, and I am excited to spend the summer in Pittsburgh with our final installment of Batman." Nolan has already met with representatives of Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, who tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “We are thrilled to be welcoming the Batman film to Pittsburgh, and eager for the economic impact that our city will experience. This is another example of the growing film industry in our community, and we will be rolling out the red carpet for them." The Warner Bros. production could shoot in Pittsburgh for four to six weeks, shooting mostly downtown. Said Dawn Keezer, the director of the Pittsburgh Film Office: "They're still nailing down actual locations but what they really fell in love with was the diversity of architecture and the gorgeous buildings that we still have in Downtown Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas." The movie also stars Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane. It is slated a July 20, 2012, release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack