Why Conan O'Brien Calls Charlie Sheen 'Genius'
3:44 PM PDT 4/19/2011 by THR staff
Conan O'Brien says he admires the way Charlie Sheen hit the road following his battle with CBS."Here's the thing that pisses me off," O'Brien said last weekend at a benefit for Malaria No More in L.A. "A year ago, I got into a ... big fight with my network, and then I said 'Eff you, I'm out of here.' I walked out and then I went on a tour all around the country, 42 cities, and then I lost my mind. One year to the day later, Charlie Sheen: big fight with his network, says 'Eff you, I'm out of here,' walks out, goes on a 42-city tour, loses his mind, but brings two porn stars with him. That man is a genius! I blew it, I didn't bring porn stars! I brought two chess champions and had them make out. Two dudes. It was terrible. I liked watching it, it fulfilled my fantasy, but no one else seemed to care." Sheen resumes his Violent Torpedo of Truth tour Wednesday night in Washington D.C. It is expected to wrap May 3 at the Comcast Arena in Washington state.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws