Why Jeff Zucker Bailed on MSNBC's White House Correspondents Party
Sharon Stone and the "Duck Dynasty" crew got in, but the former boss at NBC was stopped at the door in what a source calls a "crazy 2 a.m. misunderstanding."
This story first appeared in the May 10 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Sharon Stone and the Duck Dynasty dudes made it into MSNBC's post-White House Correspondents' Association dinner party April 27 at the Italian Embassy. CNN head Jeff Zucker didn't.
An onlooker notes that the rival news network head arrived with "a huge entourage." Soon after, they were turned away and walked back "visibly upset."
A CNN insider denies the boss was peeved, noting that former NBC boss Zucker was on the list (MSNBC confirms) but didn't want to stay when it turned out his friends were not.
"He loves [MSNBC chief] Phil Griffin, they're good friends, and it was totally fine," the source says. "It was just a mess at the door and one of those crazy 2 a.m. misunderstandings."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR