Why Jeff Zucker Bailed on MSNBC's White House Correspondents Party
Sharon Stone and the "Duck Dynasty" crew got in, but the former boss at NBC was stopped at the door in what a source calls a "crazy 2 a.m. misunderstanding."
This story first appeared in the May 10 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Sharon Stone and the Duck Dynasty dudes made it into MSNBC's post-White House Correspondents' Association dinner party April 27 at the Italian Embassy. CNN head Jeff Zucker didn't.
An onlooker notes that the rival news network head arrived with "a huge entourage." Soon after, they were turned away and walked back "visibly upset."
A CNN insider denies the boss was peeved, noting that former NBC boss Zucker was on the list (MSNBC confirms) but didn't want to stay when it turned out his friends were not.
"He loves [MSNBC chief] Phil Griffin, they're good friends, and it was totally fine," the source says. "It was just a mess at the door and one of those crazy 2 a.m. misunderstandings."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!