Why Kid Rock Hates His Name
The rock-rapper comes clean about his moniker.
Kid Rock has a warning for aspiring music acts: be very careful when choosing a stage name.
Rock, born Robert James Ritchie, tells Esquire that he has "the worst name in the world." He says, "Hey, it sounded like a cool rap name when I was sixteen. But it stuck, and now it's me. I'll be an eighty-year-old man -- 'call me the Kid.' "
The only person with a worse moniker, according to Rock, is '80s rapper the Fresh Prince -- who is now better known worldwide as Will Smith.
Rock also has strong words to say about Hollywood, "My theory on Hollywood is that there's a lot of pretty, pretty girls that go out there with a lot of dreams. And whenever you got a lot of pretty girls in one spot, it attracts every f**king idiot from all four corners of the world. Every douchebag, scumbag, scumsucker shows up and sets up shop and tries to figure out how to roll people."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR