Why Marvel Fired Its 'Thor 2' Director
An insider blames Patty Jenkins' "lack of clarity," while a critic points to the studio's "arrogance."
The success of Marvel Studios has allowed it to operate by its own rules, so perhaps it's not surprising that its top executives neither knew nor cared that dropping Patty Jenkins as director of its Thor sequel would shock Hollywood. While the parties spun the Dec. 6 parting as an amicable split over creative differences, sources say Jenkins was dropped without warning from a job that would have made her the first woman to direct a superhero tentpole.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR