Why So Many Oscar Nominees Are Competing for Spirit Awards
10:15 AM PST 2/26/2011 by Stacey Wilson
Film Independent chief Dawn Hudson tells THR it takes “a different breed of actor” to take indie roles, plus, why the show moved back to the beach after only a year in downtown L.A.
The Hollywood Reporter: There is more crossover between the Indie Spirits and Oscars in 2011 than ever before. Obviously 10 best picture nominees is one factor, but is there a bigger trend at play?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR