Why Record Labels and Google Music Couldn't Agree on the Cloud
3:30 AM PDT 5/12/2011 by Antony Bruno
Google Music's May 10 launch was driven in part by competition (Amazon, Apple) and indecision, including the dollar figure labels were demanding as an upfront advance.
Google's decision to launch a music locker service was a big topic of discussion on the sidelines of the NARM conference in Los Angeles this week. The reaction from the more veteran music industry attendees is simply anger.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile