Why So Many Horror Movies This Time of Year? Surprise: It's Not Just Because of Halloween
5:00 AM PDT 10/27/2010 by Carl DiOrio
Genre-pic distributors gravitate toward early fall partly because they don't have to face major tentpole releases, and horror is 'one of the few genres you can sell on the cheap.'
At the box office, where blood has been flowing freely this month, a final showdown looms for Halloween weekend.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile