Wilber heads new Disney ad, promo unit
EmptyThe Walt Disney Co. is merging the advertising sales and promotions teams for its kids- and family-focused television, online, radio and publishing businesses into a new unit that will be led by Tricia Wilber.
Disney said the newly integrated sales structure, dubbed Disney Media Advertising Sales and Marketing Group, will focus resources and allow one team to drive all advertising sales, marketing and promotions business for the company's kid-driven and family-inclusive TV platforms, its online offerings, its kid-focused publishing business and its kid- and mom-focused radio platform.
Wilber has been promoted to executive vp of the unit, reporting to Rich Ross, president of Disney Channel Worldwide; Steve Wadsworth, president of Walt Disney Internet Group; and Russell Hampton, president of Disney Publishing Worldwide.
"The most powerful media reaching kids and families is now working in concert to deliver creative, customized and integrated marketing solutions to advertisers who are increasingly evolving away from the traditional media-buying model," Ross said.
Wilber was senior vp advertising sales and promotion at Disney ABC Cable Networks Group. As part of the reorganization, she has named a senior team to lead each business area and to guide multiplatform opportunities:
* Michelle Scarola, who has been promoted to senior vp TV sales and Eastern multimedia leader from vp ad sales at Disney ABC Kids Networks.
* Brad Davis, who has been promoted to senior vp online sales and Western multimedia leader from vp advertising sales, Disney Online.
* Jon Sayer, who has been named vp ad sales Radio Disney and Midwest multimedia leader. Sayer, based in Chicago, was vp advertising sales, Disney ABC Kids Networks, Midwest region.
* Mary Beth Wright, publisher of Disney Adventures and FamilyFun magazines, who will lead the unit's publishing sales team on behalf of Disney Publishing, working closely with Dave Mevorah, publisher of Wondertime.
Three executives also will direct multiplatform support areas that will leverage the expertise of the group:
* Kara Rousseau, who has been promoted to senior vp marketing and sales development and will lead the cross team. Based in New York, she was vp ad sales marketing, Disney ABC Kids Networks.
* Julie Watkins, vp revenue planning, who will lead the sales and revenue planning team across all areas.
* John Spadaro, vp research, who will lead all advertising sales research to support the multiple areas.
Laura Nathanson will continue to oversee the ABC Family and abcfamily.com ad sales group focusing on adult millennial audiences. She will now report to ABC Family president Paul Lee.