Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg Football Comedy Lands Writer-Director Team (Exclusive)
Sean Anders and John Morris are in negotiations to join Warner Bros.' "3 Mississippi."
The Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg football comedy 3 Mississippi has nabbed a director-writer team to the bring the project into the end zone.
The team of Sean Anders and John Morris is in negotiations to rewrite the Warner Bros. project known as Turkey Bowl. Anders will direct.
Set up in May 2011, it tells of the feud between two families over an annual Thanksgiving touch football game that has existed for 50 years. Ferrell and Wahlberg, who teamed up for box-office success with 2010's The Other Guys, are attached to play the heads of the opposing households.
The boarding of the duo gives a jolt to the project, with the studio now hoping to start production in September.
Ferrell is producing with his Gary Sanchez Productions partner Adam McKay and Chris Henchy.
Anders and Morris are known for their comedy screenplays, having worked on such films as Hot Tub Time Machine, She’s Out of My League and Mr. Popper’s Penguins.
Anders made his directorial debut with Sex Drive, a 2008 comedy from Summit that he and Morris wrote. He’s is directing That’s My Boy, starring Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg, which Columbia opens June 15.
The duo are repped by CAA, Mosaic and Morris Yorn.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical