Will Ferrell to Receive Mark Twain Comedy Prize
"I will now begin cultivating a Mark Twain-esque moustache in anticipation of the event," jokes the comic, who will receive the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.
Will Ferrell will be honored at the Kennedy Center with the 14th annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.
“Will Ferrell is clearly one of his generation's finest comedic performers,” said Kennedy Center Chairman David M. Rubenstein in a statement. “He is a worthy successor to the 13 others who have to date received the Mark Twain Prize.”
"I am truly honored to receive this distinction,” said Ferrell. “I will now begin cultivating a Mark Twain-esque moustache in anticipation of the event." It takes place on Oct. 23 at the Washington, D.C. concert hall, and will be taped for broadcast.
"And, you know, politics aside, the success of Sarah Palin and women like her is good for all women … unless you’re a gay woman who wants to marry your partner of 20 years or whatever. But for most women, the success of conservative women is good for all of us. Unless you believe in evolution. You know, actually, I take it back. The whole thing’s a disaster," she joked.
PBS later apologized and said the edit was made for time.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game