Will Ferrell's Ron Burgundy Dons Kilt to Call Canadian Curling Trials in Winnipeg (Video)
"I tell you, Winnipeg is the Paris of Canada," the actor said as he continued to promote the "Anchorman" sequel.
TORONTO -- Will Ferrell's latest publicity stunt to promote the upcoming Anchorman 2 had the actor donning a kilt to call the Canadian curling trials in Winnipeg Sunday for cable channel TSN.
"I tell you, Winnipeg is the Paris of Canada," Ferrell, in character as Ron Burgundy, told fans on hand for the Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings tournament.
"The limo ride from the airport was first class all the way. They had roast pig for me. An entire roasted pig there in the limo," he added.
Ontario pro curler Glenn Howard gave Burgundy some tips before he completed a successful inward draw of a curling rock on the ice.
"I think I can bring a certain amount of dignity and class. I know I smell good," Burgundy told the media after his curling call.
Canadian interest in the sport rises ahead of the Winter Olympic Games, and the Tim Hortons tournament determines which team will play for Canada in Sochi.
Burgundy worked Sunday alongside Vic Rauter, TSN's main curling commentator.
Paramount Pictures will widely release Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues on Dec. 18.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR