Will Forte Joins Peter Bogdanovich's 'Squirrels to the Nuts' (Exclusive)
The comedy's ensemble cast already includes Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson.
Will Forte has joined the cast of Squirrels to the Nuts, aka She’s Funny That Way, an ensemble comedy being directed by Peter Bogdanovich.
Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, Kathryn Hahn, Cybill Shepherd, Austin Pendleton and George Morfogen are among those already in the cast for the story about a married Broadway director (Wilson) who meets a call girl and tries to convince her to change her life, causing a domino effect that complicates his life.
Forte will act as the playwright of the show Wilson is directing, who is dating a self-involved therapist played by Aniston. The part reunites him with Aniston, with whom he stars in Life of Crime, the adaptation of an Elmore Leonard novel that was chosen to close out the Toronto International Film Festival.
Lagniappe is financing Squirrels, which just began shooting in New York. Red Granite is handling the international.
Holly Wiersma, Logan Levy and George Drakoulias are producing. Noah Baumbach and Wes Anderson are also producers.
Louise Stratten, Rob Barnum, Jacob Pechnick, Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman, Cassian Elwes and Jeff Rice are exec producing.
Forte is in the midst of having a Hollywood moment. He stars in Nebraska, Alexander Payne’s latest movie, which debuted in Cannes and will open in November. Life of Crime, which also stars Tim Robbins, Isla Fisher and John Hawkes, will premiere in Toronto. And his indie comedy Run and Jump won best Irish feature at the Galway Film Festival.
Last week, he snagged an Emmy nomination in the outstanding guest actor in a comedy series for his work in 30 Rock.
He’s repped by UTA, Mosaic and attorney Ken Richman.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David