Will Smith, Shawn Levy Join Fox's 'City That Sailed'
Smith will star in the pic that follows a father and daughter who live on Manhattan as it breaks off and floats across the ocean.
Shawn Levy and Will Smith have signed on for City That Sailed, an adventure film set up at 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Levy will helm the pic, which will be produced by Smith and James Lassiter via their Overbrook Entertainment shingle.
The script, about a father and daughter who live on the island of Manhattan as it breaks off and floats across the Atlantic Ocean, is being writing by Audrey Wells.
The project reteams Levy with Fox, where his 21 Laps banner is based. He recently worked with Fox on the comedy The Internship, which opened in June. He will next helm the third film in the Night at the Museum franchise, which is currently casting. He's repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham.
Smith's name has been linked to City That Sailed for several years. The actor last starred in Sony's After Earth and his upcoming projects include Winter's Tale and Focus. He's repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR