'Magic City's' Willa Ford Divorcing Husband Mike Modano
The actress, who also competed on season three of "Dancing With the Stars," married the retired NHL player in 2007.
Actress Willa Ford and her husband, retired NHL player Mike Modano, are divorcing.
"It is with great sadness that after five years of marriage, Willa and Mike have decided to divorce," her rep told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "They remain friends and wish each other success and happiness."
The couple married in 2007 in Athens. It was the first marriage for both.
Ford plays an escort named Janice Michaels on the Starz original drama series Magic City and recently was tapped for a guest-starring role on TNT's Leverage. She also competed on season three of Dancing With the Stars, where she was eliminated in the fifth week.
Ford's other credits include a role in 2009's Friday the 13th reboot and the title character in The Anna Nicole Smith Story, a biopic released on DVD three years ago. She got her start as a singer, releasing her debut album, Willa Was Here, in 2001.
Modano, who retired last year, most recently played for the Detroit Red Wings. He spent most of his professional career with the Dallas Stars.
The news of the couple's split was first reported by People.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws