Willem Dafoe, Sam Neill, Frances O'Connor Starring in 'The Hunter'
Daniel Nettheim's Australian psychological thriller centers on a mercenary sent to the Tasmanian wilderness on a hunt for the last Tasmanian tiger.
SYDNEY -- Willem Dafoe, Sam Neill and Frances O'Connor will star in Daniel Nettheim's Australian psychological thriller "The Hunter," which started production this week in Tasmania.
Based on the novel by Aussie author Julia Leigh, "Hunter" centers on Martin, a mercenary sent from Europe by an anonymous biotech company to the Tasmanian wilderness on a dramatic hunt for the last Tasmanian tiger.
The ensemble cast includes Morgana Davies, Jacek Koman, Dan Wyllie, Sullivan Stapleton, John Brumpton, Callan Mulvey and newcomer Finn Woodlock.
"Hunter" is being produced by Vincent Sheehan through his Porchlight Films shingle, with funding from Screen Australia.
On Wednesday, Porchlight picked up a record 18 Australian Film Institute nominations for its "Animal Kingdom."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack