Will.i.am debuts Obama song
Web site Dipdive.com plays host
NEW YORK -- Will.i.am felt so confident about Barack Obama winning the presidency, he's created a song and video -- much like his viral hit "Yes We Can" -- to celebrate.
"It's A New Day" was to debut Wednesday on the Web site Dipdive.com.
Once again, Will.i.am enlisted fellow celebrities, asking them to send him their video testimonials: He spent part of Election Night editing them so he could debut the final product the next morning.
"This was inspired by America. It's about Obama winning, and really paying tribute to those people who are responsible for that happening, and that's the American people," the Black Eyed Peas leader said Tuesday night. "The whole thing is really for people to leave testimonials ... to create a page and leave testimonials on how they feel about this American accomplishment."
Will.i.am was an early backer of Obama's candidacy, and his video "Yes We Can" -- which featured celebrities such as Ryan Phillippe, John Legend, Scarlet Johansson and others giving vocalizations to an Obama speech over will.i.am's music -- was a viral hit when it debuted in February, getting millions of views online.
Will.i.am arrived Tuesday in Chicago, where he expected to spend the evening in Grant Park, the site of Obama's Election Night event.
No matter the result, he said Americans had to be vigilant in trying to ensure campaign pledges are kept.
"Up to this point, they're all promises," he said. "It's going to take the people to continue to be involved to make those promises manifest in the reality."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)