William Friedkin to Serve as Guest Director of the Los Angeles Film Festival
The fest also names Danny Elfman, Michael Voltaggio and Raphael Saadiq as its artists in residence.
William Friedkin has been chosen to serve as guest director of the Los Angeles Film Festival, which runs from June 14-24. Additionally, the festival announced Tuesday that composer Danny Elfman, singer, songwriter and record producer Raphael Saadiq and chef Michael Voltaggio will all serve as artists in residence.
In his role as guest director, Friedkin will screen his latest film Killer Joe at LACMA’s Bing Theater on June 15 and take part in an onstage interview.
As an artist in residence, Elfman will present film clips featuring his favorite scores on June 16.
Voltaggio will present a screening of Bob Giraldi’s Dinner Rush on June 20, followed by a conversation.
Saadiq will present a screening of his choice on June 15, followed by a conversation with KCRW’s Chris Douridas.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game