William H. Macy booked for Nantucket fest
Taking part in a panel about screenwriting and acting
William H. Macy will take part in the 13th annual Nantucket (Mass.) Film Festival, which runs June 19-22. Macy is scheduled to join in a conversation about screenwriting and acting with Time critic Richard Corliss.
Brad Anderson's "Transsiberian," starring Woody Harrelson, Emily Mortimer, Ben Kingsley, Kate Mara and Eduardo Noriega, will serve as the opening-night film. Jonathan Levin's "The Wackness," starring Ben Kingsley, Famke Janssen, Josh Peck, Olivia Thirlby and Mary-Kate Olsen, will close the festival.
This year's fest will also introduce the Music Cafe and panel featuring Aware/Columbia artist Mat Kearny, who will perform songs that have appeared in such TV shows as "Grey's Anatomy" and "Friday Night Lights." He'll then join East Coast creative and EMI publishing vp Dan McCarroll and Aware Records/Asquared Management president Gregg Latterman for a discussion.
Other scheduled participants at the festival include Judd Apatow, who is set to receive the NBC Universal Screenwriting Award, and Meg Ryan, the first recipient of the Compass Rose Acting Tribute.
Leonard Maltin will host daily panels with visiting filmmakers under the heading of "Morning Coffee With."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR