Willie Nelson Charged With Misdemeanor Pot Possession
Nelson's tour bus stash still a problem, but jail time is now off the table.
Country singer Willie Nelson was arrested at a border patrol stop in Sierra Blanca, Texas last Friday after a search of his tour bus yielded an unspecified amount of marijuana. Originally believed to be in the vicinity of six ounces, enough weight to be charged with a felony in the state, it was revealed today that the total was significantly less, dropping the charge to a misdemeanor.
Hudspeth County Attorney “Kit” Bramblett tells website GossipCop.com that after police removed the weed from the boxes and containers in which it was concealed, the total weighed less than four ounces. The class A misdemeanor carries a maximum $4,000 fine, as opposed to a felony conviction, which could result in prison time.
Nelson paid a $2,500 bond and was released four hours after the arrest. Two days later, the longtime advocate of medical marijuana called upon the country to start a "national pot party."
Nelson's rep had no comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)