Willie Nelson Covers Coldplay's 'The Scientist' for Chipotle Ad (Video)
The sourcing-conscious burrito chain takes aim at industrial farmers in the two-minute spot.
In a new spot for burrito chain Chipotle, Willie Nelson lends his vocals to a cover of Coldplay’s hit “The Scientist.”
The two-minute pseudo-PSA backs sustainable farming and will begin running in theaters come September, with the song currently available for download on iTunes.
Created by animator Johnny Kelly, whose portfolio also includes work for brands like Bacardi, the animated spot tells the story of a farmer who, after cramming his livestock into pens and pumping them full of hormones, suffers a crisis of conscience and returns to his roots as a sustainable farmer. Hence the video's title, "Back to the Start," derived from the song's punch line.
In addition to animal activism, Nelson has long been involved with Farm Aid, which aims to increase awareness and provide assistance for local family farms. He began the organization with Neil Young and John Mellencamp in 1985.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR