Willie Nelson Cancels Denver-Area Show Due to 'Breathing Problems'
The singer was hospitalized Saturday after falling ill thanks to the "high altitude and emphysema," the crowd was told.
Willie Nelson was forced to cancel a show Saturday near Denver because he was suffering from "breathing problems."
The crowd in Castle Pines Village, Colo., was told that Nelson would not be making an appearance that night as he was "suffering from breathing problems due to the high altitude and emphysema" and had been taken to a nearby hospital, according to local station KUSA-TV.
The show, dubbed Lulu's Barkin BBQ, had been planned as a fundraiser for the Denver-based animal shelter Dumb Friends League.
KUSA reported that Nelson never made it to the venue, even though his band and backup singers did.
A spokesperson for promoters AEG Live had no comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR