Wilson Phillips Chronicles Comeback in New Reality Series
Twenty years after breaking through with hit songs like 'Hold On,' the girl group will chronicle its attempted comeback with a TV Guide Network reality show.
Wilson Phillips is staging a comeback on stage -- and on screen.
The Grammy-nominated girl group famous for hit "Hold On," featuring sisters Carnie Wilson and Wendy Wilson and best friend Chynna Phillips, will let cameras roll for a TV Guide Network reality show titled The Wilson Phillips Project.
The project would chronicle their attempt to recapture the spotlight twenty years later -- a goal that has entailed a Christmas album, tour and Bridesmaids cameo as well as an ABC's Dancing with the Stars turn (Phillips) and a judging role on ABC's Karaoke Battle USA (Carnie Wilson).
“Between touring, recording a new CD and raising nine children, the show promises love, laughter and head bumping!” said Carnie Wilson.
Added Allen Shapiro, Chairman of TV Guide Network, “Our original programming is bringing fans closer to their favorite celebrities, and our new show with Wilson Phillips underscores this commitment.”
The project will be produced by RelativityREAL with Jay Blumenfield and Tony Marsh (Gigolos, Life on a Wire, The Chelsea Handler Show) serving as executive producers. DSW Entertainment's David Simone and Winston Simone will also serve as executive producers. The pilot, which will also offer viewers a peek at their child-filled lives outside of singing, will premiere later this year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama