Windy City Comicon sets date
Guest list includes Gene Ha, Don Kramer, Skottie Young
The 2008 Windy City Comicon, Chicago's first comic book convention in more than a decade, will take place Oct. 25 at the Center on Halsted, a new community center near Wrigley Field.
The guest list includes such industry talent as Gene Ha, Don Kramer, Skottie Young, Mike Norton, Jeffrey Brown, Jeff Lemire, Tim Seeley and Will Pfeifer. Comic book publishers Avatar Press, Olympian Publishing, Short Pants Press and Moonstone Books will exhibit new titles and upcoming projects.
"Diversity and quality is what we were looking for in our guest list. We couldn't be happier on both accounts," said the show's co-promoter Brion Salazar. "All of the guests are excited to finally have a traditional comic show right here in the city."
To purchase tickets, see a complete list of guests, exhibitors and retailers or find additional information on the show, see WindyCityComicon.com.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)