'Winter's Bone' Sold to Several Asian Territories (Berlin)
Fortissimo Films has closed multiple Asian territories on Debra Granik's multiple Oscar nominee Winter's Bone, inking deals for Japan (Broadmedia Studios Corp.), Korea (CJ Entertainment)., Taiwan (Catchplay), Thailand (M Pictures), Vietnam (Megastar), Malaysia (Golden Screens) and Singapore (Golden Village). Fortissimo also sold East European pay-TV rights to the hillybilly noir to HBO.
Winter's Bone has sold to some 25 territories worldwide since its market debut in Berlin last year. In addition to the $6 million plus the picture has earned stateside for Roadside Attractions, Winter's Bone has delivered internationally, booking more than $1 million theatrically both in Scandinavia for Non-Stop and in the U.K for Artificial Eye. Winter's Bone was nominated for four Academy Awards, including best film and best actress for breakout star Jennifer Lawrence.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR