'Wire' veteran joins HBO's 'Game of Thrones'
HBO's fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has cast a new series regular: "The Wire" veteran Aidan Gillen will play the scheming Littlefinger on the show.
In the adventure series, Littlefinger is an adviser to King Robert who manipulates those in power to fit his own agenda.
Gillen is familiar to HBO viewers as Councilman Thomas "Tommy" Carcetti on the network's acclaimed "The Wire." He was also on "Queer as Folk" and in the Jackie Chan movie "Shanghai Knights."
"Thrones" is getting ready to start production in Northern Ireland later this month, which will include reshooting the bulk of the pilot following the network recasting several roles. HBO expects the drama could be on the air as early as next spring.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws