Wisin Y Yandel Not Splitting Up, Manager Clarifies
The reggaetón duo are "recording separately," leading to speculation that they had broken up.
Contrary to reports and rumors that have swirled in recent weeks, reggaetón duo Wisin & Yandel are not splitting up, according to manager Edgar Andino.
“Wisin has been recording in Puerto Rico and Yandel in Orlando, and because they’re recording separately people are speculating,” he said. “But the bottom line is, they haven’t had the opportunity to record solo [until now].” He clarified that while both artists have individual solo plans, that won’t interrupt their duo work.
Another reason for the rumors is the fact that the duo’s deal with Universal is up. Andino said the duo are currently in conversations with several labels, including UMLE. Any future deals, says Andino, will cover both solo and duo recordings.
In the meantime, Wisin and Yandel have been busy kicking off two major sponsorships. One is with Coors Light, which has teamed up with the duo for a year-long endorsement deal in the U.S. that kicks off with a summer program called "Coors Light Refreshes Your Summer” and allows fans to download music by Wisin & Yandel and other artists. The partnership will help support an upcoming release and includes a TV spot using the song “Te Deseo.”
At the same time, Wisin & Yandel’s label, Machete/UMLE, also secured a deal with Panasonic for Latin America -- including Brazil and Mexico -- to endorse a new music system. The deal, which runs through 2014, will also include TV and radio spots featuring “Te Deseo.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed