WKT Opens Charity Publicity Division
The new department will handle groups like Oxfam America and the Entertainment Industry Foundation.
This story first appeared in the Aug. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
WKT is taking the watchwords "good PR" literally. The public relations agency is opening a division, WKT Cause, that will handle publicity for such charities as the ACLU and the Entertainment Industry Foundation as well as the philanthropic activities of its celebrity clients, including Jennifer Hudson's Julian D. King Gift Foundation, which the Oscar winner established with her sister Julia Hudson in honor of her late nephew.
The division, which will be led by partner Lisa Kasteler and publicist Graehme Morphy, also will help new and existing clients identify and educate themselves on opportunities that match their charitable interests. And WKT Cause will create high-profile corporate partnerships to increase the international visibility of and support for NGOs.
"It's been a natural progression for us to develop this concentrated support system within the agency," says Kasteler, who will be joined in the venture by fellow WKT principals Annett Wolf and Cara Tripicchio. Previously WKT has already created publicity campaigns for Oxfam American and the American Oceans Campaign and helped establish foundations for the families of Christopher Reeve and John Ritter.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game