WME Hires Zynga GM Daniel Porter to Lead Digital Department
Chris Jacquemin will continue to focus on strategizing digital content for the agency's clients.
WME has tapped Zynga GM Daniel Porter to become the new head of its digital department, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
As vice president and general manager of Zynga New York, Porter created three No. 1 apps for the social gaming company, which resulted in more than 150 million downloads. Prior to joining Zynga he was CEO of OMGPOP, where he oversaw the development and release of Draw Something, currently the third most downloaded game of all time, and helped arrange the company's sale to Zynga.
Porter's digital brand building experience also includes helping to develop the online ticketing company TicketWeb, which was later sold to Ticketmaster. Porter also served as senior vp corporate development for Virgin Group and as president of Teach for America. He founded the entrepreneurial organization Inside Startups and is a board member of Venture for America.
At WME Porter, who will be based in New York, will oversee all of the agency's online and mobile projects. He will help identify digital opportunities for clients with Chris Jacquemin, who will continue to do so via channel strategies and online packaging negotiations.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR