WME Signs Unscripted Banner Meetinghouse Productions (Exclusive)
The New York-based company is behind truTV's "World's Dumbest," among other cable reality shows.
Meetinghouse Productions has signed with WME across all genres and platforms, including international.
Based in New York City, the company specializes in comedy, lifestyle and clip shows like truTV’s World’s Dumbest and the DIY network’s Price It Out. It is also producing stand-up comic Judy Gold’s one-woman stage show The Judy Show: My Life As a Sitcom, currently playing at the Geffen Playhouse.
WME will assist Meetinghouse as it expands its digital content creation. Its upcoming comedy portal Chuckler.com will feature original webseries like Romantic Encounters With Melinda Hill and Therapy Diary as well as an archive of stand-up comedy and viral videos. The company is also preparing to enter the clip licensing business.
“Meetinghouse has done pretty well in the six years we’ve been a company without representation,” founder and president Jason Cilo said in a statement. “But the time was right for this move; we’re involved in some pretty cool co-production and partnership opportunities with like-minded companies around the world. [WME] really understood our mentality as independent producers eager to grow to the next level.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR