Where Wolf? In 'Twilight,' It's All in the Special Effects
Taylor Lautner's Jacob Black and his clan have been shape-shifting into wolves since the second film in Summit's The Twilight Saga. But for Breaking Dawn -- Part 2, VFX house Tippett Studio introduced its most complex work to date. To create the shot, actors Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Mackenzie Foy were filmed in front of a green screen, with Foy sitting on a rig built to the specifications of the wolf. This shot was then composited into a CG background composed at VFX house Hydraulx. The wolf and its performance were created in CG, which included the use of an improved fur and lighting tool (the animal has 12 million individual pieces of hair, compared with 2 million in 2009's New Moon). "We added tiny movement in the eyebrows, nose wrinkles, lip curl," says VFX supervisor Eric Leven. "A subtle combination of the way Taylor carries himself and actual wolves."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR