Rob Reiner in Talks to Join Martin Scorsese's 'Wolf of Wall Street'
The Red Granite production headlines Leonardo DiCaprio.
Rob Reiner is in talks for a key role in Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street.
Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland's Red Granite Pictures is producing and financing the film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio as flamboyant and disgraced stockbroker Jordan Belfort.
The film, which Scorsese begins shooting in August in New York, is based on Belfort’s best-selling 2008 memoir.
Reiner -- whose most recent movie role was in 2003's Alex & Emma , which he directed -- would play Max Belfort, the father of DiCaprio's character.
Terence Winter (The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire) adapted the screenplay, which chronicles Belfort's dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street, along with his hard-partying lifestyle and tumultuous personal life, which included drug and alcohol addiction.
Aziz and McFarland are producing Wolf of Wall Street with DiCaprio, Scorsese, Emma Koskoff and Alexandra Milchan.
Reiner is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR