Woman Found Dead in Bathtub at SoHo House
Police have reportedly questioned the 26-year-old son of composer Joseph Brooks, who penned "You Light Up My Life."
A 33-year-old woman was found dead inside a bathtub at the New York City SoHo House early Thursday morning, police confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.
"This morning at approximately 2:57 a.m., we responded to a 911 call," a police spokesman said. "Upon arrival, police found a female… inside the bathroom unconscious and unresponsive. EMS also responded and pronounced the female DOA. The medical examiners office will determine cause of death. The investigation is ongoing."
The New York Post reports that police questioned 26-year-old Nicholas Brooks in connection with the death. He's the son of "You Light Up My Life" composer Joseph Brooks, who was charged last year in New York with sexually assaulting 11 aspiring stars during casting calls and indicted on 91 counts of rape, sexual abuse and assault.
Police would not confirm the questioning of Nicholas to THR.
The Post also says the woman's body was found when guests staying a floor below her called the front desk to complain about water leaking through the ceiling of their hotel room.
The pool of the NYC outpost of SoHo House was featured on the HBO TV version of Sex and the City.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack