Woman Found Dead at 'America's Got Talent' Auditions; Husband Denies Involvement
Joe Finley was named a person of interest after his wife plummeted eight stories to her death in a stairwell.
A woman was found dead in a stairwell at L.A.'s Millennium Biltmore Hotel this past weekend, where auditions for America's Got Talent were being held, according to multiple published reports.
Laura Finley had been visiting her husband Joe when her body was found by another hotel guest. She had reportedly fallen from the 11th to the third floor. She was pronounced dead at 8:25 a.m. Saturday.
"Somebody threw her off that railing," Joe says of his wife. "100 percent this was not an accident."
Joe was named a person of interest, according to TMZ.com, but he denies involvement. "Somebody threw her off that railing," he told the site. "100 percent this was not an accident."
Joe admits he took ecstasy with his wife at 3 a.m. Saturday, the last time he saw her alive. He says police told him somebody went to the front desk to request a key to his room at 1:30 a.m.
Joe was arrested for drug possession and questioned by police Saturday night. He was released on $10,000 bail Sunday.
"We are fully cooperating with authorities to investigate this very unfortunate situation and have no further comment at this time," Fremantle, the production company behind America's Got Talent, said in a statement.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!