Woman Jumps From Building in Beverly Hills
UPDATED: The woman was pronounced dead after being transported to a hospital, authorities stated. The high-rise is located in the heart of the entertainment district near Rodeo Drive.
A woman jumped from a multistory building on the block of 400 North Camden Dr. in Beverly Hills on Wednesday morning. The woman, who wasn't wearing clothes, was transported to a local hospital by ambulance and died from injuries, local authorities stated. A police investigation is ongoing.
Several Beverly Hills police officers were on the scene as part of a crisis negotiation team dealing with "a possible suicidal suspect" at the 15-story building, Sgt. David Hamel told The Hollywood Reporter. The woman's identity was not disclosed.
The incident occurred at the Camden Medical Arts building at 414 North Camden Dr. It is located at the heart of the entertainment district near Rodeo Drive, with companies such as WME located nearby.
Prior to the jump, officers were on the roof of the building speaking with the woman, stated the Beverly Hills public information manager Therese Kosterman.
"At approx. 7 a.m. Beverly Hills Police and Fire department personnel responded to reports of a despondent, unclothed woman on the top of the building at 414 Camden Dr., threatening to jump," said Kosterman in a statement. "A crisis negotiating team attempted to talk her down for several hours. However, she jumped at approximately 10 a.m. She was transported to a local hospital and pronounced dead on arrival."
There were no visitors being allowed in the building as of 11:15 a.m., the security console desk at the Camden Medical Arts building told THR. The office of the building's property manager declined comment.
The high-rise is described as "one of the tallest structures in the area," according to the website of management company Douglas Emmett. A Wednesday morning traffic advisory was issued by the Beverly Hills police department due to the investigation that closed Camden Drive to Rodeo Drive.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing