Women in Film Foundation's Film Finishing Fund Gives Grants to Eight Films
The 26-year-old program provides awards of $50,000, donated by Netflix.
The Women in Film Foundation’s Film Finishing Fund has awarded cash grants to seven feature films and one short. The winners, announced Wednesday by the fund’s co-chairs Betsy Pollock and Nancy Rae Stone, were chosen from 113 submissions.
The program, now in its 26th year, provides grants of $50,000, donated by Netflix, along with distribution recommendations and brand association.
The 2011 WIFF Film Finishing Fund winners are:
Narrative Feature Films:
Jenny Deller’s Future Weather
Tina Gharavi’s I Am Nasrine
Lisa Denker’s Ability: The Judy Finelli Project
Kristi Zea’s Everybody Knows…Elizabeth Murray
Debbie Lum’s and Allison Sargent’s Seeking Asian Female
Roynn Lisa Simmon’s “Naked”
Heather Lenz and Karen Johnson’s Kusama: Princess of Polka Dots
Narrative Short Film:
Natasha Subramaniam and Alisa Lapidus, Zergut
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR