Women in Film Foundation's Film Finishing Fund Gives Grants to Eight Films
The 26-year-old program provides awards of $50,000, donated by Netflix.
The Women in Film Foundation’s Film Finishing Fund has awarded cash grants to seven feature films and one short. The winners, announced Wednesday by the fund’s co-chairs Betsy Pollock and Nancy Rae Stone, were chosen from 113 submissions.
The program, now in its 26th year, provides grants of $50,000, donated by Netflix, along with distribution recommendations and brand association.
The 2011 WIFF Film Finishing Fund winners are:
Narrative Feature Films:
Jenny Deller’s Future Weather
Tina Gharavi’s I Am Nasrine
Lisa Denker’s Ability: The Judy Finelli Project
Kristi Zea’s Everybody Knows…Elizabeth Murray
Debbie Lum’s and Allison Sargent’s Seeking Asian Female
Roynn Lisa Simmon’s “Naked”
Heather Lenz and Karen Johnson’s Kusama: Princess of Polka Dots
Narrative Short Film:
Natasha Subramaniam and Alisa Lapidus, Zergut
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David