Women In Film And Television to Honor Sheila Hancock
Star of stage and screen to receive lifetime achievement award
LONDON -- Sheila Hancock, a star of stage and screen, is to receive a lifetime achievement gong during this year's upcoming Women in Film and Television awards held annually here on this side of the pond.
Hancock's resume counts turns in The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, the television adaptation of Bleak House and various stage outings in plays by Shakespeare including Romeo And Juliet, A Midsummer's Night Dream andThe Winter's Tale.
Previous recipients of the lifetime award, dished out by the membership organization for women working in the film and television industries WFTV, include Julie Walters, Norma Heyman, Cilla Black and Judi Dench.
The award will be one of several dished out Friday, Dec 3, at a luncheon in the British capital.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues