Women In Film And Television to Honor Sheila Hancock
Star of stage and screen to receive lifetime achievement award
LONDON -- Sheila Hancock, a star of stage and screen, is to receive a lifetime achievement gong during this year's upcoming Women in Film and Television awards held annually here on this side of the pond.
Hancock's resume counts turns in The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, the television adaptation of Bleak House and various stage outings in plays by Shakespeare including Romeo And Juliet, A Midsummer's Night Dream andThe Winter's Tale.
Previous recipients of the lifetime award, dished out by the membership organization for women working in the film and television industries WFTV, include Julie Walters, Norma Heyman, Cilla Black and Judi Dench.
The award will be one of several dished out Friday, Dec 3, at a luncheon in the British capital.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR